- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Data Tools
- Post Date: 02/05/2024
- Website: www.castellum.ai
- Company Address: , New York, New York 10017, US
About Castellum.aiCastellum.AI is the most accurate, reliable and fastest financial crime prevention solution. Don't take our word for it, try it yourself for free.
$125,000 ‒ $175,000 Annually
This is a rare opportunity: Join an early-stage startup, and earn valuable equity while fulfilling an amazing mission (preventing financial crime), get paid a market rate salary, and work in a healthy, respectful, and intellectually rigorous environment.
About us: Castellum.AI is a B2B SaaS compliance platform that helps governments and businesses prevent financial crime (corruption, money laundering, terrorist financing). We just closed a $4M dollar round that will accelerate our growth, have 1,100% user increase since launch; Tier 1 clients including the United Nations, Chainalysis and Gibson Dunn; our data has been cited in the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Washington Post; our product is more reliable, faster and 88% more accurate than the competition and is backed by patent-pending technology.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of a product: conception, testing, release, maintenance, improvement and finally deprecation / next generation replacement. You will work with, coordinate and be a north star to groups that speak and communicate differently across different channels and business cultures, gathering requirements from clients and users, understanding what engineering can build in what time frame, what marketing can promote and to whom, and what targets sales has to hit. You will ensure that products will be delivered as efficiently as possible, that they solve actual problems, and that the market for the product is as large as possible. You will report directly to the CEO.
You will gain a deep understanding of the needs of our users and clients, which range from law firms to airlines, and startups to large global enterprises. What they all share in common is the need to prevent financial crime - through screening. You will thus become an expert on the use cases that we solve. You will also explore and leverage the potential of AI technologies like LLMs to enhance the capabilities and performance of our products. Because of our large user base and global reach, your work will impact thousands of users immediately, and help prevent financial crimes.
- Lead initiatives to build 0 → 1 products and experiences while scaling existing products in market
- Be a versatile and strategic product manager – someone who excels in product design/UX, demonstrates strong technical acumen, employs platform thinking and strategy to our products, and can clearly articulate and execute the product ecosystem vision.
- Develop a multi-year vision, strategy, and roadmap for Castellum.AI incorporating innovative AI and LLM technologies to enhance our offerings
- Be accountable for product roadmaps, resource planning, and release cadence
- Drive sales and product discussions with our most important users and partners to ensure that we achieve our targets
- Collaborate closely with engineering, marketing and sales to deliver exceptional products and experiences that delight our customers
- Work directly with current and potential Castellum.AI customers to gain insights into their needs and challenges, identifying opportunities to apply AI and LLM solutions to address their pain points.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze client and user feedback, identify trends, and prioritize feature requests
- Lead agile development process and ceremonies
- Epic grooming: Epics need to have clear goals, roadmap alignment, and be full of groomed stories
- Story grooming: stories need to have clear requirements, specifications, designs and workflows
- Ensure stories are ready to be discussed ahead of story time
- Maintaining the product development backlog
- Run product retrospectives
- Translate user and client needs and insights into actionable product decisions
- Create mock-ups and product designs
- Identify, map, test and oversee the integration of new data sources
- Work with data partners to identify best way to integrate their data into Castellum.AI
- Lead User Acceptance Testing
- Facilitate product meetings, workshops, and discussions to ensure smooth collaboration and alignment across teams
- Conduct market research and develop a thorough understanding of user needs and preferences
- Create detailed product plans and roadmaps and pitch them to senior management
- Innovate! Especially related to developing niche data sets DIRECTLY TIED to new regulatory requirements
- Identify and measure product performance to determine the overall success and areas of improvement
- Monitor the competitive landscape for emerging trends and identify opportunities to improve the product offering.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute go-to-market strategies for new product features
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to gather valuable feedback and insights
You Should Apply If You:
- Are comfortable getting hands-on in an early-stage startup environment and figuring things out yourself
- Can work on zero-to-one projects without hand-holding
- A strong technical background gained through education and/or on-the-job experience
- Have 3 years of experience in developing and launching successful products or services
- Have a fierce commitment to identifying and delivering the minimum viable product
- Have proven experience in product management, preferably in a startup
- Have a strong understanding of user-centered design principles
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Are skilled at in using project management tools and methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
- Can understand technical concepts and articulate them effectively to non-technical stakeholders
- Can work cross-functionally with different teams and stakeholders, including engineering, marketing and sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in a simple and concise manner
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and technologies in the industry.
- Are excited about what we’re doing!
- We care deeply about creating a diverse team, so we particularly encourage applications from people from different underrepresented demographics.
- All your cover letter needs to do is mention blue m&ms. We care about the details.
- This is a fully remote position. Our team is remote-first, but we are located in New York, Boston and Los Angeles. If you're in one of those cities, we'll definitely spend time together in person, with the goal for you to meet and better understand your colleagues, not to create an annoying commute or attendance requirement. We all work +/- 2 hours from EST.
A straightforward hiring process.
We want to set you up to succeed and try to keep our processes as quick, transparent, and efficient as possible. No trick questions, we promise. A full interview cycle at Castellum.AI consists of:
15 minute call: This is a quick chat to get to know you, tell you a bit about Castellum.AI, and make sure there’s a solid fit before embarking on the interview process.
Product Management Interview: We’ll use this session to go through more technical questions around the role. We’ll chat through work you admire, and how you’d tackle specific scenarios.
Team Interview: You’ll be interviewed by the full team to get a sense of how you work, and what you’d add to the team and culture at Castellum.AI
Decision: After your final interview, you’ll hear back from us within a few days.
If we do not reach out to you within two weeks we are no longer considering you for a job.