- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: AI/ML
- Post Date: 11/19/2023
- Website: hosta.ai
- Company Address: 93 Gore St, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141, US
About Hosta a.i.Hosta a.i. leverages Artificial Intelligence to detect 1,2, and 3-dimensional measurements, itemized material and content, floorplans, CAD models and more customized reports from just a few photos, no special cameras, equipment or apps required.
What we're looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer to join our team at Hosta.ai. In this hybrid role, you will play a pivotal role in the development and scaling of our pipeline, leveraging a serverless architecture on AWS, along with the use of Computer Vision (CV) and 3D reconstruction. While a background in CV and 3D reconstruction, as well as proficiency in Python programming, are advantageous, they are not mandatory.
- Make a substantial impact on the development and build and deployment aspects of our pipeline, transitioning it into a series of easily deployable and scalable steps on AWS using CV models and 3D reconstruction in some steps and integration with 3rd party APIs in the others
- Write high-quality, scalable, and efficient code in Python.
- Lead your own projects and collaborate with team members, offering valuable contributions and feedback.
- Translate software requirements into stable, high-performance applications.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions, providing insights into technology, algorithms, and product development.
- Enhance code quality through rigorous testing, automation, and code reviews.
- Play a major role in architecting our AWS CloudFormation for building and deploying systems.
- Manage AWS services and serverless architecture for optimal performance and scalability.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in backend, full-stack, or software testing technologies.
- Proficient in AWS CloudFormation for building and deploying systems.
- Extensive experience with AWS services and serverless architecture or similar cloud based technologies.
- Solid understanding of databases.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Computer Vision or other AI technologies
- Experience and/or familiarity with the subjects of deep learning/3D modeling/graphics
You will work in a highly intellectual environment. We maintain a team spirit, intellectual curiosity, and fun even in a virtual environment. We are well funded to work on the hard things that matter in accomplishing our vision.
- Equity eligible for this position
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
- Life Insurance
Hosta AI is on a mission to lead the transition to virtual property assessment using cutting edge artificial intelligence technology to solve long standing industry challenges, such as the rise in claims frequency and associated costs paired with a shortage in labor. Hosta AI helps companies that need fast and accurate data to process and settle claims effectively while improving customer satisfaction. The company’s Assessment Platform uses patented AI, spatial and material analysis to automate property assessments from just a few simple photos; no app download required. To learn more, visit www.hosta.ai.