- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Government
- Post Date: 09/12/2023
- Website: klir.io
- Company Address: 250 Yonge Street, Suite 2201, Toronto, M5B 2L7 Canada
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About KlirKlir's integrated water regulatory solution helps the world's water utilities make water safer.
The Klir platform gathers, monitors and analyses regulatory compliance data, all in one easy-to-use web-based application. With it, water utilities are better equipped to quantify and mitigate the true risks to the environment and human health.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer that can help us build in quality to every aspect of our platform.
In this English-language, remote role, you ensure the team achieves built-in code quality. You develop QA test plans, and drive the testing strategies and quality metrics that help us deliver a solid enterprise solution. You set quality standards and provide feedback to help us meet our goals. You build upon experience in software testing tools and frameworks to help us implement automation to deliver a validated release with minimal delay. You advocate quality policies that guide the entire team, and collaborate with management on estimation, resource planning, and team development.
- Collaborating with developers to solve application faults.
- Test planning, preparing test schedules and test strategies to meet team delivery objectives
- Creating and maintaining company documentation, such as quality manuals and quality procedures.
- Engaging all team members within Klir in quality improvements and testing.
- Instructing and mentoring team mates as a leader in QA practices, with support and oversight.
- Providing feedback and constructive advice to develop and grow capability within the team.
- Meeting with the software design team to plan test coverage and verification methods.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Prioritizing and planning bug-fix efforts.
- Planning and delivery of initiatives to automate testing and tools that support QA goals.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Software QA.
- Broad experience on-boarding and using test automation tools and platforms.
- Expertise in principles and methods for web and mobile application testing.
- Agile testing and test-driven development (TDD) practices.
- Customer advocacy and customer focus.
- Estimating and prioritizing work.
- Previous experience in creating test strategy and test plans on major projects
- Strong SQL query-writing skills (SQLServer, Oracle )
- Experience in an early-stage start up or proven track record operating in earliest stages of a product.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with a broad base of knowledge in the areas of technology and communications
- Work in GMT -4 time zone hours
- Proficiency with automation tools like Selenium, Playwright
- Proficiency with test management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and using Gherkin syntax for the acceptance testing is advantage
- Scrum master certification
- ISTQB certification
- Active Listener
- Builds Relationships
- Scrum Values
- Follows Processes
- Time Management
- Meets Commitments
The ideal candidate:
- You thrive equally in strategy and execution. You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach.
- You love to learn about your craft and your own personal development.
- You get a rush when you’re super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land a win.
- You would rather just try a new idea than spend days talking about it.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
- You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
- You are passionate about water and ensuring that the developed world has enough safe and secure water needed to sustain our species for generations to come.
- You have broad technical experience. Follow and implement testing best practices while delivering usable software.
- You have the ability to be a quick and decisive problem solver.
Our Commitment To You
- We remunerate you well with competitive salary and benefits for your market. Our thesis is in order to operate at your best you can't be worrying about your quality of life at home.
- We commit that you have an opportunity to use your talents to leave a factual lasting legacy for our species for generations to come.
- By working with a Y Combinator market leading company, we commit that you have an opportunity to challenge yourself to be the best you can be.
- We commit to give you the opportunity to work in a team that understands life is far too important to take seriously. Obviously, we are doing a crucial job but we have fun while doing it.
- We commit to giving you the opportunity to work with a group of people that value honesty and audaciousness, that stand up straight & stick together no matter what and aspire to be the difference between good and great.
- We commit to doing our best to make you successful. The leader’s sense of purpose is to help you to be the best version of yourself. We achieve this with fearless feedback, focus on growth and transparency.