- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 03/07/2023
- Website: herohealth.com
- Company Address: 85 Broad St, Floor 17, New York, NY, 10004
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About HeroWe’re on a mission to help take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks and refills even the most complex regimens.
Hero: taking the hassle out of taking meds.
At Hero, we're on a mission to take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks, and refills even the most complex regimens.
We hope you’ll join us in improving the lives of millions of patients and caregivers across the country! With remote-first roles in the U.S. and a vibrant office culture in other markets, our roles allow you to bring your whole, authentic self to work to help us solve this complex health issue.
Hero’s Global Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading our strategic sourcing efforts globally. In this role you will be expected to develop and execute sourcing strategies to drive value and significantly impact bottom-line profitability for Hero in the following categories:
Injection Molded Plastics
EE Components and PCBA’s
Electro-mechanical Assemblies (Pumps, Motors, etc)
Who you are:
We are experiencing the most difficult supply chain in recent history and you have embraced the challenge and thrived. You are a highly collaborative leader that has successfully launched consumer products or medical devices. You are intellectually curious and have a strong desire for continuous improvement, championing change, and generating innovative solutions. You have a demonstrated experience with global strategic sourcing in Asia and launching new products. You enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment with an inherent nature to solve complex problems, but you also work independently and lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
- Identify, audit, develop suppliers and maintain supplier relationships in support of Hero product development and manufacturing efforts.
- Closely cooperate with Engineering and other internal stakeholders to source components globally that meet product specifications and beat cost targets.
- Together with Quality, coordinate and execute supplier quality systems reviews and audits.
- Develop sourcing strategies at the category and supplier level to optimize Hero’s competitiveness, reduce supply chain risk, and improve product quality.
- Lead RFP/RFQ requirements, and negotiate with suppliers to optimize product cost while negotiating favorable contractual terms, including payment terms, lead-time, CAPEX, and continuity of supply.
- Execution of PO’s to new and existing suppliers, including expediting materials as needed.
- Analyze the cost breakdown of components and finished goods, including market trends and pricing, and integrate the data into sourcing strategies that optimize product cost and quality.
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance and proactively track progress toward these objectives.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships from sample to mass production in alignment with New Product Development timelines.
- Proactively manage supplier performance and conduct supplier performance evaluations with corrective action requirements and productivity targets.
- BA in Supply Chain, Finance, Procurement, Engineering or other relevant field
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in hardware supply chain and/or strategic sourcing
- Experience managing suppliers in Asia is required, including CM/OEM/ODM/JDM’s, and is proficient with managing and understanding cross-cultural business practices
- Experience working with or implementing ERP systems
- Knowledge of financial accounting, strategic sourcing, and supplier management concepts
- Demonstrated problem-solving, continuous improvement, data analysis, and project management skills
- Expert level in negotiating strategic agreements, with a strong ability to influence others and drive resolutions
- 10-15% international travel may be required
- Consumer electronics or medical device experience is a plus
HERO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, personality and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Click here to view Federal Labor Law posters.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.