- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Government
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: companysix.com
- Company Address: , Boulder, US
About Company SixCompany Six builds technology that advances the awareness and protection of those who put themselves in harm’s way. We've Got Your Back.
We’re looking for a mid-level full stack Software Engineer, Backend focus to join our small team to help us develop and build next gen SaaS products to protect those who put themselves in harm’s way. You’ll focus on implementing critical business logic for our domain-driven services as well as improving our QA/QC of AWS cloud native components for Company Six’s disruptive RaaS (Robots as a Service).
Tech Stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, HapiJS, Sequelize, Docker, AWS CDK, AWS Serverless (API Gateway, Lambdas, ECS, Aurora RDS
Your Profile: US Citizen currently living in the US required (bonus for ET/CT). BSCS and 2+ yrs software development exp, or bootcamp/self taught and 4+ years of paid, professional software development exp. A variety of languages and tech used and a hunger to always learn new things. Cloud and robot passion. Thrive in a startup environment. Hope this helps, please read on.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Learn, develop, and extend web APIs and applications to enable remote robot control and connect functionality via our current stack (we can teach the stack, no need to be proficient day 1).
- Build enterprise API integrations in an API-first platform environment.
- Implement and maintain meaningful test coverage at integration and e2e levels using tools that improve devx and agility
- Help debug and troubleshoot issues that arise with our SaaS platform and products.
- Work with senior engineering staff and the product team to prototype and explore new APIs while building practical system design skills in a high-growth environment.
- Contribute to CI/CD improvements that make dev life easier.
- Work as a team using GitLab, Slack, Zoom, Asana, Google Drive
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who:
- Appreciates Domain-Driven Design
- Thrives in an autonomous, remote-first, async, startup team environment
- Is comfortable working with Linux systems and troubleshooting basic issues
- Writes and understands basic shell scripting
- Decent UI skills and an aptitude for product UX
- Desire to own the product experience and help make it great
- Have fun playing with robots all day
- Experience with backend systems and basic troubleshooting
- Enjoy experimenting with PoCs of AWS managed services
- Prefers a light DevOps footprint by leveraging serverless components to self-hosted solutions
- 2-4+ Years of experience developing fullstack applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent experience
- US Citizen
Most importantly, we are looking for:
- People who care deeply about creating robots that help save lives
- People who are team players and enjoy wearing many hats to achieve our goals
- A commitment to being part of a thoughtful, ethical and inclusive workplace
Other important details:
Location: This position ideally is a remote role in central or eastern United States. While our headquarters is in Boulder, we have employees located in many locations throughout the world. US citizenship is required.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is 100,000 - 125,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills and certifications. Per CO EPEW Act 2020.
Benefits: Company Six offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plans also available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, stock options, unlimited PTO, every other Friday off, ability to work remotely full time, and a cell phone reimbursement.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply online to start discussions. No 3rd parties or contractors please.