- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: herohealth.com
- Company Address: 85 Broad St, Floor 17, New York, NY, 10004
About HeroWe’re on a mission to help take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks and refills even the most complex regimens.
At Hero, we're on a mission to take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks, and refills even the most complex regimens.
We hope you’ll join us in improving the lives of millions of patients and caregivers across the country! With remote-first roles in the U.S. and a vibrant office culture in other markets, our roles allow you to bring your whole, authentic self to work to help us solve this complex health issue.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. We hire A-players to hire A-players. Join us in bringing transformative healthcare products to market that save lives and improve the livelihoods of millions.
Hero is currently looking for a Firmware Engineer, Motor Control who is very passionate about building great products that can help our members manage their medications on a daily routine. You will be a part of the growing, fast-paced and collaborative team. You will work closely with the cloud, hardware and manufacturing teams to develop the software/firmware in C/C++ for the entire product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company.
- Design, develop, test and debug high quality software & firmware for the medical grade consumer product. This will include writing low level device code for motor control, sensor data acquisition and drivers for other hardware components;
- Create technical documentation for product architecture, firmware design, application notes and test plan;
- Participate in full product life cycle development from creating PoC to large scale production;
- Develop firmware for the manufacturing test fixtures and operator interfacing software in Visual C++ to run on PC;
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, software & SQA team and interact as necessary to resolve any dependency or roadblocks;
- Research & learn new technologies as necessary to improve the current product;
- Work closely with member experience team and provide quick resolution to any customer complaints that require engineering investigation;
- Participate in weekly team meeting and provide progress on the assigned tasks;
- Work independently on the assigned project tasks as well as work in the team environment as part of the large team project.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience writing embedded firmware for mechanical control from low level drivers to high level application development in C and C++
- Strong background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and motion control
- Expertise in controlling electromechanical motion systems like DC servo control, stepper motors, vacuum pumps
- Experience with multi-threaded real-time operating system
- Working in fast paced, high growth start-up environment in IoT industry
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to read electronics schematics & circuit diagrams
- Strong interest to learn advanced technologies & problem solving
- Experience in writing software/firmware for manufacturing test fixtures
- Preferred Skills: C, C++, MS Visual Studio, FreeRTOS, SQLite Database, STM32 Microcontrollers, Wifi/SPI/UART/I2C communication, Device Drivers, Git, Python
HERO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, personality and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Click here to view Federal Labor Law posters.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.