- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: herohealth.com
- Company Address: 85 Broad St, Floor 17, New York, NY, 10004
About HeroWe’re on a mission to help take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks and refills even the most complex regimens.
At Hero, we're on a mission to take the hassle out of taking meds for patients and caregivers with the first end-to-end medication management service that stores, sorts, dispenses, tracks, and refills even the most complex regimens.
We hope you’ll join us in improving the lives of millions of patients and caregivers across the country! With remote-first roles in the U.S. and a vibrant office culture in other markets, our roles allow you to bring your whole, authentic self to work to help us solve this complex health issue.
Hero is currently looking for a Firmware Engineer - Android Application, who is very passionate about building great products that can help our members manage their medications on a daily routine. You will be a part of the growing, fast-paced and collaborative team. You will work closely with the product, cloud, hardware and manufacturing team to develop the android application software for the product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company.
- Design, develop, test and debug high-quality software applications for android based embedded systems
- Create technical documentation for product architecture, software design, application notes and test plan
- Implement application logic as per the requirements described in SRS
- Develop application logic to communicate with BLE accessories
- Design and implement application layer protocol to communicate with co-processor using UART communication
- Collaborate with product, software & SQA team and interact as necessary to resolve any dependency or roadblocks
- Research & learn new technologies as necessary to improve the current product
- Work closely with the member experience team and provide a quick resolution to any customer complaints that require engineering investigation
- Participate in weekly team meetings and provide progress on the assigned tasks
- Work independently on the assigned project tasks as well as work in the team environment as part of the large team project
- 5+ years of experience building android applications for embedded IoT products with multi-processor architecture on custom hardware
- Solid understanding of android architecture from application layer to driver layer with an ability to modify the drivers
- Experience with new hardware board bring-up, writing an android application from scratch and ability to debug software issues from application layer to low-level driver and kernel
- Experience building native android applications with rich UI, multi-threading, database, connectivity with cloud and smartphone app using Bluetooth, Wifi & Cellular
- Experience building android applications using camera API, image processing, object recognition using open source libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience working with remote data communication using REST, JSON, Websockets
- Deep understanding of bootloaders, power management, security patches, and firmware update on the android device with A/B partition
- Strong background in Computer Engineering or Computer ScienceWorking in fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment in IoT industry
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies and tools like JIRA, Slack, Git, Confluence, Jenkins CI/CD
- Strong interest in learning advanced technologies & problem-solving
- Preferred Skills: C++, Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, SQLite Database, file system, Wifi/Bluetooth/Cellular communication, Device Drivers, Git, Python, OpenCV
HERO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, personality and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Click here to view Federal Labor Law posters.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.